Girl dies of dengue; Fortis charges Rs 18 lakh from family
In a shocking case, the parents of a seven-year-old girl, who died of dengue after undergoing treatment at the Fortis Hospital, were allowed to take their daughter’s dead body after paying the exorbitant bill of Rs 18 lakh.
Residents of West Delhi’s Dwarka, the parents of the deceased have alleged that the hospital staff kept their daughter on ventilator for three days despite she had stopped responding to the treatment.
According to the hospital, Adya was brought to Gurgaon’s Fortis Memorial Research Institute from another private hospital on the morning of August 31, 2017.
“She was admitted with severe dengue which progressed to dengue shock syndrome and was managed on IV fluids and supportive treatment as there was a progressive fall in platelet count and hemoconcentration,” said the hospital in a statement.