SGPC passes Rupees 1,205 crore Budget for 2019-20
The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee at its annual general meeting held at Teja Singh Samundari Hall passed a budget of Rs 1205 crore for 2019-202.
The General House meeting began under the patronage of Sri Guru Granth Sahib after the recitation of initiation ardas. Other major allocations made in the budget are as follow:
- SGPC will spend Rs 16 crore on its main objective – to preach Sikhism – and this amount will be spent by the Dharam Parchar Committee.
- SGPC will spend Rs 238 crore on educational institutions.
- In order to get a generator for uninterrupted power supply in Gurdwara Sahib, Rs. 29.89 lakhs has been allocated.
- The total budget related to Harmandir Sahib has been estimated at Rs 280 crore.
- SGPC allocated 72 crores and 50 lakhs for General Board Fund.
- 50 crore and 60 lakhs have been kept for the trust fund.
- Rs 70 lakhs for research in Sikh history and publishing of research papers
- Rs 12 crore and 63 lakhs for 550th Prakash Purab of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji