World Sparrow Day Celebrated at SGGS World University
The department of Zoology of Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib organized a special lecture on “Birds in Our Local Environment: Diversity, Breeding and Conservation” on the occasion of ‘World Sparrow Day’. The guest speaker for the session was Dr. Charan Kumar who is currently working as Associate Professor, A. S. College, Khanna.
The lecture was intended for the faculty members and students of allied sciences. The aim of the lecture was to spread the awareness among the students about the rich diversity and impending threats to the diversity of birds in local areas of Punjab. Students showed great interest in and learned about the local birds, their breeding season and habitat. Dr. Kumar also talked about various factors that affect birds. He encouraged the students to do research in this field and to serve environment to maintain the biodiversity of the docile creatures. The students admired the session and cleared their doubts during the interactive session.
- 64 DSPs transferred in Punjab 20 August
- DSGMC chief Manjit Singh GK resigns
- Athletics coach Nikolai Snesarev found dead at NIS Patiala
- PSPCL all geared up to meet Punjab’s growing demand
- Patiala Covid report 8 November
- Canadian woman arrested in Bihar for entering India without visa
- 81% of Punjab samples show UK variant of Covid
- Punjab State Dear Holi Bumper 2022 Lottery Results
- Sukhpal Khaira’s mother Mohinder Kaur passes away