Punjab:WHEAT PURCHASE BREAKS FIVE YEAR RECORD
As the wheat arrivals surge in most parts of the state, the Procurement Agencies have also stepped up their efforts to ensure that Mandi operations are executed with greater efficiency.
Disclosing this today a spokesperson of the government said that the total purchase of wheat by the government agencies, as on 10th April, has broken all records for wheat purchase till the corresponding date in the past five years. This year the Government Agencies have already procured 4.3 Lakh MT of wheat whereas the earlier peak for the same period was 38,019 MT in the year 2018, he said.
Divulging further he said that this year the State Government has already ensured that MSP payments worth Rs. 138 crore stand transferred directly into the bank accounts of farmers whereas the earlier high was Rs. 6.5 crore in the year 2017.
Terming these record breaking figures a result of the meticulous arrangements made by the State Government, he said that Punjab Government was committed to farmers’ welfare and would continue to take all possible steps to facilitate the seamless sale of the hard earned produce of the farmers.
- Power Cut in Patiala 18 February
- 30 Coronavirus case in Patiala 28 June 2020
- 134 coronavirus case,5 deaths in Patiala 21 August area wise details
- Clash between Congress and LIP at Atam Nagar Ludhiana
- Patiala Covid Vaccination Schedule 4 March
- Rooms allotted to new Punjab Cabinet Ministers
- Dr Nanak Singh takes charge as SSP, crime-free Patiala on his mind
- All set for 23 January 2018 in Patiala MC
- Powercut in few areas of Patiala on 12 & 13 August