Ex Punjab CM Channi questioned by ED in illegal sand mining case
Former Punjab chief minister Charanjit Singh Channi was questioned for over six hours by the ED in a money laundering investigation linked to an alleged sand mining case in the state, officials said on Thursday.
The federal agency recorded the statement of the EX CM Channi Congress leader under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and he left the Enforcement Directorate’s zonal office in Jalandhar late on Wednesday night.
Channi’s nephew Bhupinder Singh alias Honey was arrested in the case by the agency days before the February 20 Punjab Assembly polls. A charge sheet was filed against him and others named in the case early this month.
- Canada:Halton cops shut down alleged drug trafficking operation
- 12 Deputy Jail Superintendents Transferred in Punjab
- Patiala police arrested a close associate of a notorious gangster with 5 pistols
- Bikram Majithia case:Next Hearing on 10 January
- Patiala Mayor: Next hearing on December 6
- FIR against Shama Dhabha Patiala
- PM Modi reopens Kartarpur Corridor from Nov 17
- Harish Singla Arrested by Patiala Police
- 16 YouTube news channels blocked by Govt