Punjab CABINET APPROVES TO FILL UP 145 POSTS
CABINET APPROVES TO FILL UP 145 POSTS OF VARIOUS CATEGORIES IN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION DEPARTMENT
· MOVE AIMED AT FURTHER IMPROVING RURAL WATER SUPPLY
Chandigarh, April 13: In a bid to streamline the functioning of Water Supply and Sanitation department and provide better rural water supply to people across the state, the Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday gave approval to fill up 145 posts of various categories (25 Sub Divisional Engineer, 70 Junior Engineer, 30 Junior Draftsman & 20 Steno Typist) by direct recruitment through PPSC and SSS Board within a year.
According to a spokesperson of the Chief Minister’s Office, the Council of Ministers had given approval to fill up 88 posts of aforementioned categories in Water Supply & Sanitation department in the year 2021. Apart from these, the Cabinet today also gave approval to fill 57 more posts of these categories falling vacant in the year 2022 due to retirement/promotion of officers/employees.
GIVES NOD TO ADDENDUM FOR UPGRADING EXISTING BHARATNET INFRASTRUCTURE TO PROVIDE CONNECTIVITY IN GRAM PANCHAYATS
In pursuance of the earlier Memorandum of Understanding between Department of Telecommunications, Government of India and the State Government signed in April 2013, the Cabinet approved an addendum to help upgrade existing BharatNet infrastructure to connect all Gram Panchayats with national broadband network under Bhartnet scheme of GoI.
The state government is committed to facilitate the delivery of e-governance, e-health, e-education, e banking, Internet and other services to rural areas by establishing a highly scalable network infrastructure which is accessible on a non-discriminatory basis. This will enable provision of on-demand affordable broadband connectivity for all households and institutions and assist in realizing the vision of Digital Punjab, in partnership with the Government of India.
- IPS Gurpreet Bhullar posted as DIG,AGTF Punjab
- Patiala MC Elections 2018:Akali Dal press conference
- Punjab has lowest petrol rates in Region,check today price
- ‘Sacrilege attempt’ at Kali Mata Mandir in Patiala;FIR registered
- Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor dies at 79
- Covid and vaccination report of Patiala 24 August
- Increase in Pension Punjab Notification
- COVID-19 Awareness Callertune to be stopped soon
- Unlock 3.0 Patiala DC order restrictions