Punjab Chief Minister should accept his mistake and apologise to Sikh world
Amritsar, April 15:
Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has termed the visit of Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Bhagwant Mann to Takht Sri Damdama Sahib, under the influence of alcohol as a violation of Sikh Maryada (code of conduct) and against the reverence of the Guru’s house.
In a joint press statement, SGPC senior vice-president S. Raghujit Singh, junior vice-president Principal Surinder Singh and general secretary S. Karnail Singh Panjoli said that Punjab CM forgetting the reverence of the Guru’s house is not only an insult to the constitutional post but it is also the height of immorality.
Strongly criticising the act of Bhagwant Mann to visit Takht Sri Damdama Sahib to pay obeisance under the influence of alcohol, the SGPC office-bearers said that it was clearly visible when he CM) was talking (Punjab CM) was to journalists after paying obeisance that he was drunk, which is why, he was not able to communicate properly.
“Punjab CM going to the Guru’s house in an inebriated condition is violation of the Sikh Maryada, which has hurt the religious sentiments of Sikh Sangat from across the country and world”, said the SGPC office-bearers.
They added that the post of CM of a state is a big responsibility as it represents every citizen of the state but Bhagwant Mann has tarnished the image of this post.
“If he cannot stop drinking alcohol then he should refrain from paying obeisance at the Guru’s house”, said the SGPC office-bearers.
They said Bhagwant Mann should immediately apologise to the Sikh world and should take care of the Sikh sentiments and the Maryada of the Guru’s house.
- NOC given to Patiala MC’s husband cancelled by PWD
- Patiala’s air quality ‘very poor’ after Diwali
- 2 IAS officers transferred in Punjab
- Rs 2 cr land sold to Ram Janmabhoomi trust for Rs 18 cr, say SP, AAP
- Dil to Bacha Hai Ji: PM Modi plays with kid in Denmark
- Sucha Singh Chhotepur joins SAD
- Powercut in Patiala on 23 March
- Man nabbed for sodomizing, killing 7-year-old boy in Patiala
- Punjab Govt pays income tax for its 93 MLA’s